Listen to Champion Reason below
An eclectic soul and multi-disciplinary creative body, Curmiah is a St Lucian born-London raised poet, model, performer and educator.
She is the 2014 recipient of St Lucia's National Youth Awards for:
Outstanding Youth in Literary Arts
Outstanding Youth in Performing Arts.
Other achievements include:
- Certificate of Achievement for services to the Arts, Culture & Creative Industries and representing and promoting Saint Lucia in the diaspora (High Commission for Saint Lucia) 2014
- Runner-up Top Model of Colour 2014
- Photographic Award Winner Top Model UK 2014
- Winner of 23rd Miss Caribbean & Commonwealth, 2010
- 1st Runner Up Miss St Lucia UK, 2010
Curmiah has performed in numerous spaces across London which include The Black Cultural Archives, The British Library and The V&A Museum. She has also graced stages across the UK, Europe, the Caribbean and the US.
Much of her work hones in on representing herself wholly as Caribbean & British; encompassing all that it means to be of two cultures, to be a lover, to be black, and to be female.